Often I get asked from brides What to wear to my engagement session? and I reply with tips on what to wear to their engagement session. I can’t believe I didn’t put this into a blog post sooner!!
5 Tips on What to wear to your engagement session
Most couples choose to have two outfits for their engagement session. One more on the dressy side and one on the casual side.
If you go for more than two you will have more variety in your photos but less time for the photos.
What to Wear for engagement photos
- Coordinating, as opposed to matching. If one one has pops of color it can sometimes be best to have the other person in neutrals.
- Choose colors that look good on you.
- Also, Accessorize! jewelry, statement necklace, scarves, and pretty shoes photograph really well! Make sure you look like YOU and feel comfortable!
- If you want more romantic looking photos, seriously consider wearing a long and flowing skirt or dress. Also, light & neutral colors can have photos to appear more light and airy no matter what the weather is like on the day of the session!
- Wear something fitting and in colors that are flattering on you. I don’t care for photos of me in strapless or narrow strap tops, so I’d choose a shirt or dress with sleeves. You know what looks good, choose something you love! Then you’ll love your images that much more!
You might also want to see this in home Engagement and this Chattanooga sunrise Engagement
You also may like to see my forest wedding pinterest board